Sexual Medicine is the intersection of Sexuality and Medicine. Simply the Medical Aspects of Sexual Concerns and the Sexual Aspects of Medical Concerns.
Sexual Medicine covers:
- The diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections including HIV/AIDS
- Hormonal Treatment (Low Testosterone, Hormones for Transsexuals, Menopause)
- Medical evaluation and treatment of sexual dysfunctions – Problems with Early (or Premature) Ejaculation, Erectile Dysfunction, Delayed Ejaculation, Inhibited Orgasms, Pain during or after sexual activity, Sexual Arousal, Sexual Interest/Desire (too much, too little, or unwanted) or other sexual functioning concerns
- Difficulty with sexual functioning related to a medication side effect, medical diagnosis, or procedure
- Sexual rehabilitation after stroke, heart attack, or other debilitating medical condition
- General Gynecological Care
- General Andrological Care
- Hormonal Treatment of Gender Dysphoria
- Primary Care for individuals who practice or identify with sexual interests, gender expressions, or relationships not accepted by the dominant culture.
- Education to engage in one’s desired sexual activities safely
- Enhancement of sexual functioning