Sexual Medicine is the intersection of Sexuality and Medicine.
Simply the Medical Aspects of Sexual Concerns and the Sexual Aspects of Medical Concerns.
Sexual Medicine encompasses:
- The diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections including HIV/AIDS
- Sex Hormone concerns (too high, too low, unwanted, want different)
- Medical evaluation and treatment of sexual dysfunctions – Problems with Early (or Premature) Ejaculation, Erectile Dysfunction, Delayed Ejaculation, Inhibited Orgasms, Pain during or after sexual activity, Sexual Arousal, Sexual Interest/Desire (too much, too little, or unwanted), or other sexual functioning concerns
- Difficulty with sexual functioning related to a medication side effect, medical diagnosis, or procedure
- Enhancement of sexual functioning
- Sexual rehabilitation after stroke, heart attack, or other debilitating medical condition
- General Gynecological Care
- General Andrological Care
- Hormonal Treatment of Gender Dysphoria and Gender Diverse individuals
- Primary Care for individuals (or their partners) who practice or identify with
- Sexual identities, interests, orientations, behaviors;
- Gender expressions, identities, orientations; or
- Relationship identities, orientations, and structures not accepted by the dominant culture.
- Education to engage in one’s desired sexual activities safely